Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2018

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack!

I'm Baaaaaaaack!


   Yes, I know, I've been gone a long while! Too long! But work demands had just cropped up on me, and yes, I can go on and on about that! But I won't.

    When one door closes, as it has recently for me, God always opens up another. And He simply reminded me where my first love was at. Writing and research! So, while I have been laid off from one job, I simply created my own from those things I love most. (Well, officially I'm not laid off until May 13th, but I've got lots of time between now and then with a minimal work load.)

    So, I wanted to talk to you today about purchasing online products from those big name companies for your every day items.

    You know....toiletries, dog food, cat litter, groceries, vitamins, paper towels,  toilet paper, etc. Those things we use all the time! And I'll give you an idea of what I think of the two which I absolutely cannot live without. And I know a lot of people think poorly of these big companies, but I can't get enough of them!

    Of course, there are some things you will find that simply cost too much online when compared to purchasing at your local grocery store, or big box store. And we'll go over a few of those things that I think are way too expensive online.




      I am a big, and I mean BIG fan of Walmart and Amazon when it comes to home delivery! Most orders, when purchased enough of at a single time can give you free shipping directly to your door. Walmart also offers free pickup if you send the items to your local Walmart store.

    Walmart ships free for orders over $35. Amazon offers free two day shipping on most products if you have Amazon Prime, which is currently $99 a year. Well worth the cost, as you'll get it, plus more, back in saved shipping fees! (I have to be honest, while I purchase a lot from Walmart and have it shipped to me, I purchase more from Amazon Prime, because I can get the purchase in two days!)

    I've purchased cat litter in large quantities from Amazon. I'm happy to say, since my cat only uses one kind of litter, that I could put the litter on a subscription, and I don't even have to order it any more. It comes automatically. Which helps a lot! My vitamins are the same way. Low price. And no shipping. And they are on a subscription service and come in automatically. Love that!

    Walmart also now has Grocery Pickup, where you simply place your order online, and you can pick up your order at the curb. Yes! Just buzz them on your phone and they'll bring the order out and even load it in your car for you! Great for those individuals who find it difficult to walk through the store! We're talking food brought to the car for you! Where else can you get that in rural America?

    While Walmart doesn't ship fresh produce or frozen foods, Amazon does have some that they will. But I warn you in advance, there is a hefty price tag for these items. Stick to Walmart's curbside service for fresh foods. However some things are cheaper on Amazon in the grocery section than even Walmart: Amazon offers a 32-pack of Dasani water in the 16.9-oz. bottles for $27.35 with free shipping, and Walmart's price is $35.54 with free shipping (compared to $5.99 in store). So, there are definitely some things you are better off purchasing in store.

    All in all, I find the time saving, and gas saving, for the items I purchase online well worth the little to no difference in cost in store.  Again, it's something you'll need to be sure to look over and see if it's worth it to you on shipped items versus in store purchase. The ease of purchasing online means as soon as I run out of something I can simply go online and order it. A couple clicks and it's on its way to me. Especially when a trip to town is 30 miles away!

    If you have found this article helpful, please be sure and let us know! We love to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment